Sometimes, we just don’t have enough time to take notes on a class or meeting, and have to take pictures of or capture screenshots of some file, but later find we need to edit on these information? Then how? Today, we are going to introduce the easiest way to convert PNG to Excel format, 100% free of charge.
(Above is the file we used to test, you can compare the conversion result later)
The tool we use is online2pdf, an online free program with OCR to convert native PDF, scanned PDF, even images into different editable formats, including Excel.
- Step 1. Go to Online2pdf；
- Step 2. Drag and drop the PNG to the program, or click “Select files”；
- Step 3. Choose output as Excel in “convert to”, then the OCR feature will be activated, choose file language according to your need;
- Step 4. Optional. Go to Preferences to tweak the settings as needed;
- Step 5. Click “Convert” to export PNG as Excel;
- Step 6. Once the conversion finishes, you will be guided to save the file. Done.
Now, you can take a look at the conversion quality:
You will notice that, all the data can be exported into the Excel file, but the formatting is messed up, users will need to manually adjust.
However, trust me, online2pdf is the one brings best free conversion result, other online PNG to Excel converters just yield poor results, even cannot convert images. Of course, if you want better conversion quality, with everything maintained as original file quality, refer to this PNG to Editable Word, Excel, Text Guide.