Sometimes, we just permanently deleted photos on our Macbook, trying to save more space, but later to find those deleted photos are so valuable. For this reason, we here introduce 2 ways to recover permanently deleted photos from MacBook, with or without software.
In fact, to recover permanently deleted photos, users are often recommended to use 3rd party data recovery software. But if you are looking for a recovery solution without using software, you can utilize your iCloud backup or other backups.
Many of Apple users prefer to backup files via iCloud, if you have such a good habit, you may be lucky to recover your photos back.
- Go to iCoud website on your mac, login into;
- Find your photos, then click on the Download icon to save the selected photos onto your mac;
- (Optional), if you cannot find the wanted photos, go to Settings>Advanced>Restore Files, then click “Restore File” to recover the deleted photos and download to your Mac again.
As you can see, this method is only feasible when the backup of deleted photos are still stored in your iCloud. If not, you will need to find those copies you once saved via other online storage service, or emails, or other file transfer programs.
The best data recovery software to recover permanently deleted photos from MacBook, as many users recommend, is Cisdem Data Recovery, it allows users to:
- Recover files lost due to deleting, formatting, power-off, system crash, virus attack, etc;
- Recover photos, videos, audios, documents, archives and others;
- Support virtually all kinds of internal and external storage devices;
- Support all types of file systems: HFS+, HFS+, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, ext2, ext3, ext4 , NTFS and APFS；
- Preview files before recovery;
- High recovery rate;
- Recovered files can be opened and edited;
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from MacBook with Cisdem?
- Choose a recovery mode according to your needs. The advanced mode is recommended when the recovery results under other modes disappoint you;
- Choose the location where your permanently deleted photos were stored, then click “Scan” to start the scanning;
- Once the scanning finishes, you will find all the found files are categorized in different folders, select Photos and preview them;
- Select all the photos you want to recover, then click “Recover” to get them back to MacBook.
The solution to recover deleted photos without software is worth a try, but more and more users seek the paid solutions, which are easy to use and offer more chances to get back the files back, even without a backup.