Microsoft OneNote is a popular note-taking application, one of its great but can be easily overlooked feature is its OCR ability.
OneNote builds in OCR feature mainly for the reason, to turn captures into editable text for filing and manipulation across different mobile apps, after all, most of the times, we don’t have enough time to rush down the notes, but a capture can make it within seconds. In other words, OneNote OCR is offered to later process the captured resource when we finally sit down.
Then how to convert image to text with onenote? Here are the steps.
Steps to Convert Image to Text with OneNote
- Download and install Microsoft OneNote; https://www.onenote.com/download
- Run OneNote;
- Go to Insert>Picture, choose an image from your device and import to OneNote;
- Right click on the image, then choose “Copy Text from Picture” from the drop-down menu;
- Then paste the text extracted from the image to OneNote notes or other apps for further use;
Need More Than Just Image to Text with OneNote
But if you want to turn an image to other formatted format, like Word, PowePoint, Excel or others with good formatting, instead of pure texts? OneNote won’t help on this, since it only allows exporting as Text. Then what to do?
Use Cisdem PDF Converter OCR, it allows to:
- OCR image to text, PDF, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Pages, etc.;
- OCR scanned PDF to editable formats;
- Accurate OCR, much better than OneNote OCR;
- Batch OCR image to text or others;
- Create PDF from image or others;
- Drag and drop for easy use;
Free Download Cisdem PDF Converter OCR Here